How to knot your tie
The knot should fit proparly around the collar, but shouldn't be too tight. If the knot of your tie is flat, the knot is probably too large or too loose. Try it again!
The Half Windsor is a fashionable version of the Dubble Windsor knot. The knot is a symmetrical and triangular knot. Suitable recommends to choose a wide tie, made of a light fabric. This knot can we worn with every type of collar.
The Half Windsor knot can be created in just five steps.
- Keep the tie in a position in which the wide section is about 30 centimeters below the narrow part (image 1).
- Fold the tie around and then over, between the tie and collar. Tighten the knot if preferred (image 2, 3 & 4).
- Fold the wide part of your tie over the wide part of the knot, from left to right (image 5).
- Pull the wide part of the tie through the loop of the neck and pull the tie down (image 6 & 7).
- Tighten the tie by pulling at the narrow part, towards your collar (image 8).